ASTR 330 Solar System Astronomy
You may contact Dr. Hayes-Gehrke at
You may contact Mr. Li at firstname.lastname@example.org or x5-5096.
ASTR 330 Fall 2004 course grades have been submitted (as of
10:00pm Friday). I don't know how long it will take the grades to get
through the system. You can check your grades at http://www.testudo.umd.edu/apps/grades/.
You can make an appointment with me to stop by and see your final
exam. I should be available the afternoons of Dec. 20, 21, and 22,
but you should drop me an email to be sure. I can't email your
grades, but if you call me (also in the afternoon next week) I can
give them to you over the phone.
Enjoy the winter break.
-- Dr. Hayes-Gehrke
- Homework #1, due Tuesday, September 7, 2004
- Homework #1 Solutions (diagram for #3 not included)
- Homework #2, due Tuesday, September 14, 2004
- Homework #2 Solutions (diagram for #1 and #4 not included)
- Homework #3, due Thursday, September 23, 2004
- Homework #3 Solutions
- Homework #4, due Thursday, October 7, 2004
- Homework #4 Solutions
- Homework #5, due Thursday, October 14, 2004
- Homework #5 Solutions
- Homework #6, due Thursday, October 21, 2004. Problem #1 of Homework #6.
- Homework #6 Solutions. Additional information about #1.
- Homework #7, due Thursday, October 28, 2004.
- Homework #7 Solutions.
- Homework #8, due Thursday, November 11, 2004.
- Homework #8 Solutions (diagram for last problem not included).
- Homework #9, due Tuesday, November 23, 2004.
- Homework #9 Solutions.
- Homework #10, due Tuesday, December 7, 2004.
- Homework #10 Solutions.
The Phases of the Moon project.
Phases of the Moon Question sheet. Staple your
observations to these questions.
Links to some reviews of scientific notation:
Some Interesting Astronomy Links
The background image was taken by the Cassini spacecraft; image
credit is to NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute.
The material on these webpages is Copyright © 2004 by Mel
issa N. Hayes-Gehrke and may not be reproduced without my permission.