Your Name:______________________________________________ Student Number:________________________________
Local Phone Number:____________________________________ Home Phone Number:______________________________
1. Do you have access to the Internet and World Wide Web? If so, go the class web page at http://www.astro.umd.edu/~hamilton/ASTR120/ and bookmark it! Then follow the link to the "Astronomy Picture of the Day" and then tell me what you see. If you do not have easy Internet access, tell me so (you'll need to get access soon - your TA can help).
2. What do you most want to find out about in this course?
3. When have you last had some astronomy education?
_____ at U. Maryland
_____ at another college
_____ as a junior or senior in high school
_____ as a freshman or sophomore in high school
_____ in junior high school
_____ in elementary school
_____ in utero
4. Check the highest level math that you've studied. We'll use
algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and possibly some light calculus in
5. Read the syllabus and follow the link to the Student Honor Code page. Define "Plagiarism."
I have read the syllabus and understand how my grade for
ASTR120 will be determined. I have read and agree to abide by all points laid
out in the Student Honor Code.
Signed __________________________________________________________________ Dated ___________________________________