Pictures From Aspen
Short picture descriptions, starting from upper left. Click on a picture
to get a larger image.
In addition to the individual photos, you can see panoramas from
the Ute trail and
the top of Aspen Mountain.
- Lots of rather aggressive magpies around town!
- A view from the physics center.
- Snow on the morning of June 4. It was all gone by evening.
- From left: Georg Bruun, Marc Freitag, Iacopo Carusotto, and Alessandra
Buonanno hike up Aspen Mountain on June 5. Not visible, because he was
ahead of the group, is the speedy Melvyn Davies.
- The town of Aspen, as seen from the mountain looking north.
- The group at the top of Aspen Mountain.
- The snow was still melting at the top, making a rather pretty
waterfall off of the restaurant.
- They're not kidding. This is at the top of the mountain on June 5;
the restaurant was closed, the gondola wasn't running, and although it
was a reasonably clear day we got down fast because we didn't feel like
testing the wrath of Zeus.
- Hunter Creek.
- Taking a break on the Hunter Creek trail. From left: John Baker,
Melvyn Davies, Andreas Bockelmann, Marc Freitag, and Kelly
- A reflective moment near Hunter Creek.