ASTR 620: Galaxies
- Four or five problem sets.
- Term research project, culminating in an oral presentation.
- Mid-term and Final Exams.
- Group Discussions (TBA).
* See this link
for further details. Note that you will need to discuss your choice of
topics directly with me. Don't put this off until the end of the term.
- Grading and tentative due dates:
- 20% Problem Sets:
- 20% Research project (near end of semester)*
- 25% Mid-term exam 10/31
- 30% Final exam 12/12, 1-3pm.**
- 5% Class Participation***
** The formal final schedule crams all of our
graduate classes close together, so hopefully we can rearrange the
*** If time allows,
we will occassionaly choose relevant journal
articles to discuss as a group.
Return to ASTR 620 Home Page