DC Open : future format changes?
The overcrowding of the last few DC Open's has us made realize that maybe
it is time for some more fundamental changes to the format. Here are some
ideas, but you're free to email me, or enter anonyous comments in a fake
and now that we're on the subject, here are my pet peeves:
- change the A/B/C/D in two separate A/B and C/D draws. this will save
time. Currently we need 26 hours. With the new format we would need about
20 hours instead. We can then probably
also return to the classic "best of 3" format,
instead of one just game to 21 points only for B/C/D now (which I
personally don't like at all)
- have a party on saturday (assuming we can make time for it, see previous
- do something about double booking events: either let the seniors play
on Sunday, or not allow players to play in two events at the same time.
(despite that the current form does not even allow that)
- get a second gym. this probably will cost a lot more money, and is
not clear if the second gym has enough badminton friendly qualities
(8 courts and a 50 ft. ceiling, but at 20ft the walls stop and there is
some considerable open airflow with the rest of the building)
And some of the comments from the suggestion boxes:
- more signs in the gym (it's a big building)
- more help for Diane at the desk
- another speaker in the eating area just outside the gym
- correct directions to the gym from I95 north.
- enforce default times when not on time
- no changes to the draw right before the matches start!!
- learn to spell your partners name
- read the parking signs, you guys get way too many tickets
(but hey, i don't have to pay them, they probably even keep
my monthly parking fees low :-)
- be on time, not for me, but for your friendly competitors
(imagine, if people would be on time, I could make a time-in signup
list and nobody would have to wait for their first
- don't send the check in time, i get those $5 late fees all for myself.