2002 U.S. Senior National Badminton Championships
Sanctioned by the
co-sponsored by the
Washington-Baltimore 2012 Regional Coalition, and
organized by the
Badminton Club of D.C.
Badminton Club at the University of Maryland
Sponsors are: HL Corporation,
- Lots of partially annotated
pictures, all from Damien and Peter.
- Final results of the draws
(all as PDF files), and here in a nicer format.
- : outgoing email that everybody should have
- Looking for who is playing? Here is the latest
list of players, but the registration is now
officially closed (despite the error in one of the USAB pages that claim
March 1, it really was and is Feb 24!)
- There will be an umpire clinic
on March 21. It should start around 4pm and last for about 2 hours,
and will be helt in the conference hotel (details upcoming to those
who have registered)
- Electronic Registration Form (deadline 24 February!). Electronic
payment is also accepted via paypal.
You can also print out
pdf entry form from the USAB magazine
and send that to me (but we really prefer the electronic entry)
- Electronic Registration Form - the long form. This one
has also more info on playing schedules, as in the pdf form.
- : Pictures
- Is an annual tournament,
and will be held this year in
Washington DC, at the
McDonough Gym at
- Here are some local
to the gym.
- Some information on
- Organized by
Badminton Club at the University of Maryland and
Badminton Club of D.C., with sponsoring from
Washington DC 2012, Georgetown University, and
HL Corporation; and
sanctioned by the
- Will be held March 21-24, 2002.
- The deadline for registration is Sunday February 24, 2002.
- The tournament hotel will be the
Key Bridge Marriott
in Arlington, VA.
The rates are $109, single
or double, w/o continental breakfast; 114 single with breakfast; 119
double with breakfast.
Reservations for the Event will be made by
individual attendees directly with Marriott by calling 800-228-9290 or
703-524-6400 on or before March 6, 2002, accompanied by a first night
room deposit, or guaranteed with a major credit card. You must mention
USA Badminton to get this group rate.
- Nearby metro stations will be
Rosslyn (on the blue/orange line), about 3 blocks from the hotel
and right accross the bridge from the gym.
- Nearby airport is
(Reagan) National Airport (basically walking
distance to the gym). Alternatives are
about 25-30 miles from Georgetown.
- Train service via AMTRAK, or
- We maintain a separate list of
local badminton clubs in the DC and Baltimore area
- 1996 Results
- Or if you also want to do
our Nation's Capital .
- Interested in combining badminton with far away places: consider
going to Melbourne, Australia