CARMA Blanking and Flagging test (ct005) - 2012
New discussion taking place in
- new miriad task 'uvbflag' will read the new bfmask uv variable,
that contains as bit mask (only bits 1-31 are used), and transfer
them to the flags
CARMA Blanking and Flagging test (ct005) - 2006
This integration task aims to test all blanking and flagging capabilities
of CARMA. Lisa Wei and Peter Teuben started this around July 10. We have
a summary for the Dec 6 meeting.
- 12jul06: 3c273 amps as function of time. Note for some
baselines the amplitudes are bimodal! Possibly a systemp effect. THis
was our baseline test. Decimation errors caused the number of channels to be different (48
instead of the usual 90)
- 14jul06: script hardcoded to never track on C4 and C7, but lowering the trackTolerance to 0.
This worked fine. You can see all visibilities w/ ants 4 and 7 in band 1 now flagged.
Note B&F is only applied to band1, and only to ants 1-8. For those looking at RTD during
this test, they will see the OVRO and BIMA ants display a different message
when it is not tracking. Instead of the normal TRACK, ovro would show ... and
bima would show ... Data very very good phases. ant2 and ant9 odd amps biased up
- 18jul06: essentially a more programmable repeat of the 14jul06 test, exercising our python
skills. Fairly good dataset, not as good as the 14th. Bimodal amps seem to have gone,
no odd biased amps as we saw before.
- 03aug06: turning blanking on and off and on.
- 04aug06: turning blanking on and off and on. Observers reported there was a lot
of dead time. Threshold of 0 is different from 0.0001 ??