Installing Linux Fedora Core 5 on a Sony Vaio SZ160
Lee got this May 2006 (not quite 100% after his wishes)
FC5 notes from a quick may 4 install:
- installed mostly fine, but:
- wired (sky2 module) did not initiate the Marvell card....
- wireless will need the IPW3945 drivers installed, which is a multistep process
- binary microcode, went ok (installed in /lib/firmware)
- regulatory daemon, went ok (installed in /sbin)
- ieee80211 subsystem; there is one in the kernel, but it had problems
compile the ipw3945, so i installed this one too. It wipes out your
kernel (/lib/modules/....) stuff, and replaces it. seemed to go ok.
- ipw3945 drivers, there was an error message and two missing references
the "./load debug=0" command then failed.... so , we're stuck now.
alas, there are some FC5 packages on atrpms...
This page was last modified on