Viewers and other Tools
- ps: ghostscript, ghostview, genscript
- pdf: xpdf
- xfig, picasso
- EZ as a Word Processor (Linux Journal, [4:5] August 1994)
- EZ - for the Programmer (Linux Journal, [5:5] September 1994)
- Emacs: Friend of Foe (Linux Journal, [5:9] September 1994)
- Writing man Pages Using groff (Linux Journal, [18:18] October 1995)
- LaTeX for the Slightly Timit (Linux Journal, [18:34] October 1995)
- Flexible Formatting with Linuxdoc-SGML (Linux Journal, [18:51] October 1995)
"HTML isn't a little brother of the Standard Generalised Markup
Language (SGML), it's more of a Forrest Gump-like cousin."
--PC Magazine (June 1996)
"It can be viewed as WYSIWYG using the many
postscript previewers available on most UNIX systems."
--a commercial wordprocessor/text edittor (N.A.U.R.)
"The learning curve is steep, but short."
"DA: Office [Open] Document Architecture, takes a similar approach
but stresses blind interchange. ODA is defined in the multi-part
standard ISO 8613:1988, in the CCITT T.410 series recommendations,
and in ECMA standard 101."
-- comp.text on SGML