Random links I like:
Useful Local Links
- Places I've lived:
- Washington Metropolitan Area
- Tennis Center at College
- Montgomery County Tennis Association
- Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
- Westfield Montgomery Mall
- I do cardio kickboxing here: Champion Martial Arts
- O'Hair Salon & Spa in Gaithersburg, MD
- Hiking and Biking Trails
Parks, Forests, and WMAs, with lots of info on hiking trails.
Overview of Park Trails in Montgomery County, MD, by the
Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- College Park Area Bicycle Coalition, with map of mid-Maryland bike trails
- Bike Washington, the Recreational Bicycling Guide to the Washington DC Area
- LocalHikes: a
site where you can enter your zip code and find hikes near you.
- WV Trails: hiking, biking,
skiing, horseback trails in West Virginia
- C&O Canal
Northern Centrail Railroad Trail, converted for biking and hiking
- The Mount
Vernon Trail, for biking and hiking from Washington, DC, to Mount
Maryland Rail Trail, for biking and hiking
- Hiking and biking in other areas
- Trattoria Alberto,
a Northern Italian restaurant in Glen Burnie, MD.
Ebbitt Grill, a restaurant in downtown Washington, D.C., with
great burgers and other food.
- 2 Amys, a Neapolitan pizzeria that has the best Neapolitan pizza we've eaten since returning from Naples.
- Facci, another restaurant serving really good Neapolitan pizza.
- McGinty's Public
House, in downtown Silver Spring, MD.
Grill, a restaurant in downtown Washington, D.C.
- Mamma Lucia, a
small, local chain of good Italian restaurants
- Cristina Ristorante
Italiano, in Wheaton, MD
- Golden Bull Grand Cafe: looks a little worn down, but they have wonderful crab cakes!
- The Outta the Way Cafe, offering simple dinners and sandwiches.
- Armand's Pizza menu
- Massachusetts area links
Generally Useful Links
Cooking, Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise
- The official Calvin and Hobbes webpage. Also, a list of Calvin and Hobbes links.
- Amazing satellite images of natural disasters.
- Find out about earthquakes happening right now around the world.
- Long Bets, which takes large bets about major future events
- JigBoxx, an online jigsaw puzzle store
- The Chorallaries of
MIT, who have the lyrics to the Engineers' Drinking Song.
- GeoURL, where you can look up webpages based on locations physically close to you. Check out my neighbors.
- Reference sheet for natbib usage for LaTeX
- Geocaching: find the geocaches near you
- Ark Angels, a pet sitting company in Lexington, SC, which is run by a friend's mother
- JibJab, with musical political parodies
- Licorne, amazing images of the French nuclear weapon test codenamed Licorn in 1970.
- How to Follow the Curly Girl Method for Curly Hair
- Asimov's Science Fiction magazine website
- Analog Science Fiction and Fact magazine website