The following exerpts are from letters actually received at the Salt Lake
- I cannot get sick pay. I have six children. Can you tell me why?
- This is my eighth child. What are you going to do about it?
- Mrs. Brown had no clothing for a year and has been visited by the Clergy.
- I am forwarding my marriage certificate and three children, one of which
is a mistake, as you can see.
- I am happy to say that my husband, who was reported missing, now is dead.
- I am forwarding my marriage certificate and six children. I have seven,
but one died, which has been baptised on half a piece of paper.
- I am writing to say that my baby was born two years old. When do I get my
- Please find for certain if my husband is dead. The man I am living with
can't eat or anything until he knows.
- I am very much annoyed to find you have branded my boy as illiterate.
This is a dirty lie, as I was married a week before he was born.
- In answer to your letter, I have given birth to a boy weighing ten pounds.
I hope this is satisfactory.
- Unless I get my husband very soon, I will be forced to live an immortal
- You have changed my boy to a girl. Will this make a difference?
- Please send my money at once, as I have fallen into error with my landlord.
- I have no children yet. My husband is a bus driver and works all day and
- In accordance with your instructions, I have given birth to twins in the
- I want my money as quick as I can get it. I have been in bed with my
doctor for two weeks and he doesn't seem to be doing much good. If things
don't improve, I will have to get another doctor.
- Please send my wife's form to fill out.
- I have already wrote to the President and I don't hear from you. I will
write to Uncle Sam and tell him about you both.