ASTR 288P: UNIX and Scientific Programming (Fall 2016)
Instructor will guide students in their learning, with problems and
assignments being somewhat self-paced. Formal lectures will occur in some
sessions, but most time will be taken up by students working on programming
assigments. Instructor will be present for guidance and trouble-shooting.
Student will have access to the computer lab (ATL 0224)
when it is otherwise not in use. Contact instructor if access is needed.
- Week 1: September 1: Introduction to the class, course outline,
- Week 2: September 8: UNIX, CLI
- Week 3: September 15: Scripting, puthon, git
The following will be fleshed out as the course progresses and we gague the speed of the class.
- Week 4: September 22: git, plotting
- Week 5: September 29:
- Week 6: October 6:
- Week 7: October 13:
- Week 8: October 20:
- Week 9: October 27:
- Week 10: November 3:
- Week 11: November 10:
- Week 12: November 17:
- Week 13: November 24: BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING
- Week 14: December 1: Final presentations;
- Week 15: December 8: Last class. Recap
This page was last modified on