Important Information to Know Before You Submit a Suggestion
The Equity/Diversity/Inclusion (EDI) committee encourages suggestions which might improve the equity and inclusion climate in the Department of Astronomy.
Please note that the EDI committee is NOT to be used for reporting specific harassment or discrimination incidents. For such incidents, please see the UMD Office of Civil Rights & Sexual Misconduct website for:
- Free, confidential help options.
- Reporting options and obligations.
- UMD policies and procedures.
Additionally, the department chair welcomes and encourages reports, noting that the chair is a mandatory reporter and cannot promise confidentiality.
Note also that all members of the EDI committee listed below as faculty are mandatory reporters. Graduate students may be mandatory reporters for incidents regarding students in their classes.
How to Submit a Suggestion
Suggestions may be submitted via one of the following methods:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact one of the members of the committee shown below.
- Complete the anonymous google form provided here.
Members of the EDI Committee
Current Department of Astronomy EDI Committee Members.