The University of Maryland Observatory is a teaching and research facility. We have a number of public events throughout the year, the primary one being the Open Houses on the 5th and 20th of each month. At other times, we hold college classes and do research.
In this section, learn more about:
- logistical details (good place to start if this is your first time visiting our facility)
- maps and directions
- reservations (summary of when you need or don't need a reservation)
- group tours (details for making a group reservation)
- individual students (instructions for students attending the public session when their teacher has decided not to do a group session)
- accessibility/special needs
The Programs section goes into more detail about our various public programs.