New Telescope Owners Nights 2017
Registration is Open!
- Is that new telescope you got for Christmas still in the box??
- Have you tried setting up your new telescope a couple of times but quit in frustration??
- Telescope works fine, but you're tired of looking at the Moon and Saturn and wonder where to point to next??
No matter which category you fit into, we can help!
What: An evening of assistance with your new or not so new telescope from UMD Observatory, Dept of Astronomy, and local astronomy club volunteers.
Where: In the lecture hall at the UMD Observatory, located on Metzerott Rd. Directions/Maps
When: Jan 2017 dates
- Wed 25 Jan 6:00 -- 9:00pm (6, 6:30, 7, 7:30, 8, 8:30)
- Sat 28 Jan 6:00 -- 9:00pm (6, 6:30, 7, 7:30, 8, 8:30)
Attendees register for a particular 30-minute slot during which they'll get 1-on-1 help from one of our volunteers. After their slot, the attendees are welcome to remain until 9:30pm and practice outside what they have learned.
Dress warmly! If it's clear, you can go out and observe!!
Admission: FREE! But please email Elizabeth or call her at 301-405-6555 to let us know:
- WHICH night (you only need to register for one evening),
- WHICH time slot you would like (we have 30 minute time slots so that we don't get 50 people in the first 10 minutes)
- the TYPE and SIZE telescope you have,
- and WHAT kind of help you need.
This will help us to better collect the necessary resources for the evenings!
This program is held whether it is clear or cloudy. If the weather permits, there is time and opportunity for attendees to go outside and practice what they have learned. However, if there is extreme weather, we will postpone or cancel. Registered attendees will be emailed.
This program is free, however we do accept donations!