Harassment, Discrimination & Hate-Bias Incidents
The UMD Office of Civil Rights & Sexual Misconduct website provides information and links for:
- Free, confidential on-campus help including CARE to Stop Violence, the student Counseling Center, the student Mental Health Service, and the Faculty Staff Assistance Program for non-student mental health and workplace concerns, as well as off-campus resources.
- UMD reporting options and obligations for sexual misconduct and discrimination.
- UMD policies and procedures regarding sexual misconduct, discrimination, and accessibility.
For reporting Hate-Bias incidents use the Hate-Bias Incident Report Form. Also, please consult the Hate-Bias Incident Protocol and information on the Hate-Bias program. Although not required, the department chair encourages all to notify him as well.
How to Help Students or Colleagues in Distress
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Resources
American Astronomical Society (AAS) Code of Ethics and Anti-Harassment Policy
- AAS Code of Ethics
- AAS Anti-Harassment Policy for AAS & Division Meetings & Activities
- AAS Ethics Complaint Form
Astronomy Department Committees, Organizations, and Resources
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (EDI) Committee
- Better Astronomy for a New Generation! (BANG!) Seminar
- Astronomy Community Engagement (ACE)
- Graduate Resources for Advancing Diversity with Astronomy & Physics at Maryland (GRAD-MAP)
- Astrobetter Parental Leave Policies
- Astronomy Department Policies
- Multicultural Involvement & Community Advocacy
- Accessibility and Disability Service (ADS)
- Black Student Groups
- Campus Chaplains
- Center for Minorities in Science and Engineering
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Equity Center
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
AAS Diversity Committees
- Committee on the Status of Minorities in Astronomy (CSMA)
- Committee on the Status of Women in Astronomy (CSWA)
- Committee for Sexual-Orientation and Gender Minorities in Astronomy (SGMA)
- Working Group on Accessibility and Disability (WGAD)