- Graduate Student Ben Hord selected for funding through FINESST
- Is There a Black Hole In Our Backyard?
- Dr. Kyle Murphy Part of Team Awarded $1.25 million for space weather research study
- Drs. Brad Cenko and Michael Loewenstein along with grad student Zeeve Rogoszinski have been featured in the media talking about their projects
- Congratulations to the 53 Astronomy students who made the CMNS Dean's List for Spring 2020!
- Graduate Student Julian Marohnic selected for funding through FINESST
- Derek Richardson awarded Kirwan Research and Scholarship Prize
- Congratulations to the Department's newest PhD Graduate, Dr. Myra Stone!
- Astronomy Graduate Student Receives CMNS Board of Visitors' Outstanding Graduate Student Award for 2020
- Piece Separates From Comet Borisov
- NSF Graduate Fellowship Awarded to Astronomy student Caleb Harada
- Researchers Seek the Axion Particle Using the Chandra X-Ray Observatory
- Generous Gift Seeds the Mike A'Hearn Endowed Lectureship in Planetary Astronomy
- First AAS Fellows Announced
Upcoming Talks in the Next Ten Days
Location: Online Zoom Only: Contact Richard Mushotzky for URL
Speaker: Prof. Raffaella Margutti (Northwestern University)
Title: "The Renaissance of Astrophysics: a landscape of opportunities in the era of Time Domain Multi-Messenger investigations"
Date: Wednesday 30-Sep-2020 at 16:00-17:00 (4:00-5:00 pm)
Series: Planetary and exoplanetary Astronomy Lunch Seminar (PALS)
Location: Online via Zoom (link sent out to the PALS distribution list prior to the talk)
Speaker: Sarah Moran (JHU)
Title: Clouds and Haze of sub-Neptune Worlds from the Lab
Date: Monday 05-Oct-2020 at 11:15-12:15
Series: Astronomy Colloquium
Location: Online Zoom Only: Contact Derek Richardson for URL
Speaker: Dr. Kevin Walsh (SWRI)
Title: "OSIRIS-REx - time to get a sample"
Date: Wednesday 07-Oct-2020 at 16:00-17:00 (4:00-5:00 pm)