- Congratulations to Drs. Frederick, Sheppard, Cunningham, and Levy!
- Discovery and Confirmation of the Shortest Gamma-ray Burst from a Collapsar
- Overture to Exoplanets
- Congratulations to the 45 Astronomy students who made the Spring 2021 Dean's list!
- Congratulations to the three 2021 Hollings Scholars from CMNS
- Sylvain Veilleux in orbit
- Incoming grad student Ell Bogat chosen as CRESST scientist of the month
- First Clear View of a Boiling Cauldron Where Stars are Born
- Unusual new comet discovered
- Former grad student Hannah Krug wins a Sweet STEM Instructorship at Holton Arms
- Chongchong He wins a FINESST award
- Cecilia Chirenti quoted in ScienceNews article about black holes
- The department rocks!
- Joe DeMartini wins a NASA FINESST award
- Gerbs Bauer and Astrophysics Large Mission Study Team receive NASA Group Achievement Award
- Jonathan Williams' triple galaxy mergers featured at 238th AAS
- Richard Mushotzky named NASA-affiliated fellows
- Visiting Principal Research Scientist John Carr featured in AAS Nova
- Squishy Neutron Star Setback Dampens Hopes of Exotic Matter
- Departmental Award Winners!
- More congratulations to Surja
- A new PHaSER for UMD space science
- NASA Renews Cooperative Agreement / $178M for CRESST II through 2027
- Welcome to Assistant Professor Tad Komacek
- Cole's fame increases...
Upcoming Talks in the Next Ten Days
Location: ATL 2400
Speaker: Dr. Michelle Ntampaka (STScI)
Title: The Importance of Being Interpretable
Date: Wednesday 22-Sep-2021 at 16:05-17:00 (4:05-5:00 pm)
Series: Planetary and exoplanetary Astronomy Lunch Seminar (PALS)
Location: ATL 1250 and via Zoom (link sent out to the PALS distribution list prior to the talk)
Speaker: Michael Zhang (Caltech)
Date: Monday 27-Sep-2021 at 11:15-12:15
Series: Astronomy Colloquium
Location: Via Zoom
Speaker: Dr. Bekki Dawson (Penn State)
Title: Inner Solar Systems
Date: Wednesday 29-Sep-2021 at 16:05-17:00 (4:05-5:00 pm)