- University of Maryland Astronomers Find X-rays Lingering Years After Landmark Neutron Star Collision
- Claire Guepin to receive award from the French Physical Society
- Congratulations to our department members and friends who have received NASA medals!
- Graduate Student Ben Hord selected for funding through FINESST
- Is There a Black Hole In Our Backyard?
- Dr. Kyle Murphy Part of Team Awarded $1.25 million for space weather research study
- Drs. Brad Cenko and Michael Loewenstein along with grad student Zeeve Rogoszinski have been featured in the media talking about their projects
- Congratulations to the 53 Astronomy students who made the CMNS Dean's List for Spring 2020!
- Graduate Student Julian Marohnic selected for funding through FINESST
- Derek Richardson awarded Kirwan Research and Scholarship Prize
- Congratulations to the Department's newest PhD Graduate, Dr. Myra Stone!
- Astronomy Graduate Student Receives CMNS Board of Visitors' Outstanding Graduate Student Award for 2020
- Piece Separates From Comet Borisov
- NSF Graduate Fellowship Awarded to Astronomy student Caleb Harada
Upcoming Talks in the Next Ten Days
Location: Online Zoom Only: Contact Benedikt Diemer for URL
Speaker: Prof. Joanna Dunkley (Princeton University)
Title: "The Millimeter Sky from the Atacama Cosmology Telescope"
Date: Wednesday 28-Oct-2020 at 16:00-17:00 (4:00-5:00 pm)
Series: Planetary and exoplanetary Astronomy Lunch Seminar (PALS)
Location: Online via Zoom (link sent out to the PALS distribution list prior to the talk)
Speaker: Dan Moriarty (GSFC)
Title: South Pole Aitken Basin
Date: Monday 02-Nov-2020 at 11:15-12:15