Diversity: Activities and Resources
The astronomy department is strongly committed to supporting diversity within our field:
- Astronomy Community Engagement (ACE) - ACE's goals include facilitating community between the undergraduates studying astronomy, discussing the challenges minority groups in science face, and giving graduate students a chance to share their experiences through this mentoring opportunity.
- Astronomy Department Statement on Police Brutality
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee - EDI goals include raising awareness and tackling issues related to inclusion and diversity in astronomy and related fields.
- EDI Resource Page - Collection of resources related to inclusion and diversity along with tools to fight and report harassment and discrimination.
- EDI Suggestion Box - A place to leave feedback regarding equity, diversity and inclusion issues within the department.
- GRAD-MAP - Graduate Resources Advancing Diversity with Maryland Astronomy and Physics (GRAD-MAP) strives to build strong ties with mid-Atlantic minority-serving institutions (MSIs) through seminars, forums, workshops, science discussions, and research.
- Resources - A collection of interesting and useful information related to diversity in astronomy.
- Seminars - Our BANG Seminars (Better Astronomy for the New Generation).